It’s time we started introducing our ambassadors properly so let’s kick things off with the lovely Jo from iCurvy. Jo has definitely been one of our star ambassadors and we are so thrilled to have discovered her awesome blog. If you’re not familiar with her already she’s a new breed of “in-betweenie” blogger with killer style who doesn’t hold anything back (her blog post about not wearing spanx with her ball gown will make you scream yaaas queen!). Basically she’s just an all round awesome babe and we’re so happy to have her on board.
2. How would you describe your style?
I aim for ‘effortlessly polished with a dash of whatever’s trending’… But most days I’m pretty ecstatic to wear anything my 1 year old hasn’t messed up.
3. What is your least favourite item of clothing to shop for?
Playsuits and jumpsuits! While I’m average height (169cms) I have a long torso and short legs – proportions are so important for clothes sitting right – and an all-in-one generally spells trouble for me.
4. What would your signature piece of clothing be?
A Monochrome dress.
5. How would you describe your body type?
I’m Curvy! (And proud)
6. What’s your best bit of styling advice for your shape?
Wear whatever you bloody like! Ignore the rules and work out what works for you… I love playing with new trends and finding a way to work it in my own way.
7. Who is your ultimate style icon?
Jennifer Lawrence, because she’s not afraid to wear what she wants, and doesn’t take herself too seriously.
8. What’s one clothing item/style/trend you haven’t tried but want to?
I pride myself on giving most trends a go… The best part of fashion is playing with your look, styling things in different ways, getting outside your comfort zone and defining your own style within a trend.
9. If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of style advice (to get you through your teen years) what would it be?
Worry less about what other people think. Honestly, no one is paying as much attention to you as you fear.
10. What’s one fashion trend you wish you didn’t follow?
Oh man, I was obsessed with Gwen Stefani in the nineties and always wore a bindi… Unfortunately it was almost always a red jewel, and looking back, most of the time, it looked like a giant pimple.